Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 4 - Mt Laguna

Cibbet Flats to Mt. Laguna - 13 miles.

After a wonderful day at Cibbet flats. We hiked the 13 or 14 into Mt Laguna. It was a fairly easy day through the pines, cool weather and gentle terrain. We hiked through the burnt racheria campground and straight to the pines café. Most of my companions got a bowl of chili and some cake or bread. Unfortunately buyers would have to wait for now...

I picked up my first resupply box here and sorted through the miss of food. I had leftovers from San Diego so picking and choosing became a new task. The outfitter in town was closed for the day so we decided to head on to Mt Laguna campground a couple miles up the road. The campground was a three mile road walk away and we wood soon learn the toll that road waking takes on one's joints. I would also learn the value in stretching.. I strained my quad and had to limp the last 2 into camp. It was a stupid injury for a stupid reason and I was very concerned it would take me of the trail for the next day. As I sat in the campground reflecting on my situation and the fact that I should probably stay behind without the family, a fellow camped near by, Todd, gave us all burgers and steak and other food! Asking us about our trip, etc etc...

Going to bed with a full stomachs, a sore leg, and a raccoon trying to steal all our food while Andrew tried to chase it off into the road. I wonder what tomorrow will hold....

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment