It's finally time! It seems like the day would never come, even only a couple days ago. Now, I'm actually becoming nervous. I flew down to Santa Ana yesterday morning and got picked up by my friend Dan. We spent yesterday on the beach and had a fun time just running some errands, having a couple beers, watching some TV. Pretty typical stuff. It's been great catching up though.
The past couple days I've been more sentimental than anything else. I think that a combination of all the good luck wishes from friends and family and just leaving the realm of the known for the unknown, has brought about more appreciation for the people in my life.
But, sitting on the beach in Carlsbad has also spurred some nervousness. All these questions flying through my brain. Am I prepared? Physically? Mentally? After everyone has been so supportive, I can't just fail and go home... What if I hurt myself? Knees, feet, legs... These insecurities have always been here but now their voices are loud enough to cause mme worry. But that's no matter, a combination of rationality, (if you can say anything I'm trying to do even resembles rationality) a sprinkle of unfounded arrogance ( just to keep me calm) and the fact that I know going to go out there no matter how I feel about it now, keeps me feelin kind of alright.
An REI visit, grocery list, and 20.6 miles to Lake Morena are my next three to-do's. One step at a time!
Oh, and I'm already sunburt...
Posted via Blogaway
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait for these updates. Good luck on day 1!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Mackenzie!!
Delete