With only a few things left to get. My pack is shaping up to be 13-14 pounds without food or water. I'm really quite thrilled with that result, as it is lower than my goal when I first decided to start purchasing gear to force myself to go on the trip. A little over two months left until I get to San Diego and it's still unreal.
Also, I've purchased a smartphone with the intentions of paying bills, checking emails, and staying up to date on what few mature obligations I have. These obligations do not include snapchat, flappybird, or the likes. Hopefully I can ward of temptation. I'll also be able to have GPS position on the trail (even in areas without service) almost exactly. Halfmile maps app and hardcopies will both be at my disposal for navigational purposes and finding water. Perhaps the Gutthook app as well, although that will cost a couple bucks for each section.
I still can't believe I'm going to go through with this. When did I get brave/crazy enough to think this was a good idea?

No comments:
Post a Comment