Sunday, March 2, 2014

Because I get asked the same questions a LOT...

-- How long will it take? Roughly 150 days, give or take. I really can't know what I'm capable of until I get into the journey.

-- Are you going alone? Yes I am. The right combination of availability, craziness, and compatibility has never presented itself with anyone I currently know, but there are many people along the way and I'm sure I will meet some good ones.

-- How will I get food? I will resupply via towns about once a week. A combination of buying as I go and and mailing myself packages to the occasional post office with food, maps, clothing, etc... I've planned out some, but again, I really can't know what exactly to expect until I am on the trail. So I will be using this hybrid strategy. I really can't motivate myself to buy all my food ahead of time, it's more planning than I want to do, and I'm not worried about the consiquences. I also don't feel that i can anticipate my dietary wants and needs throughout my entire trip and fear that I will buy and send myself a lot of shit that I will hate. Buying as I go, except in remote locations, will help me retain variety and the ability to change my diet as I see fit, rather than being stuck in some food rut that I decided months before.

-- Am I carrying a gun/weapon? Only my wits and my favorite Benchmade will accompany me on this trip, and hopefully not too much of a lethal stench... Weight, practicality, necessity, legality, and my self-trust, are all great reasons NOT to carry a firearm.  No bear mace either..

No comments:

Post a Comment